Friday, December 9, 2011

Post 15

Blog Post 15: Entrepreneurship



I feel like with the pursuit of my career I have both businessperson traits and entrepreneur traits. First, I exhibit business traits through my value in wanting a stable and comfortable situation. However, the majority of my traits are entrepreneur. I plan to move to North Carolina, which is high risk to pursue a sports medicine program. I plan on opening an Olympic center, which is starting a new business. I am also a huge planner and always have been. I have a very high value in organization and want structured plan for everything ranging from my daily routine to even a time line for the rest of my life. However, I am not so naïve that I don’t realize that plans are always subject to change. I am also very self-motivated, with a constant drive to keep improving and moving forward. The signature for my emails is “UP&ONWARD.”  I am always striving to better myself and the people around me. I also have a very high value for travel, change and adventure. I show this in my life goals of my PDP. I want to travel to Bali and to take other high risk trips such as a medical mission trip.  My ideas for my future may not be extremely unique; however, they are driven by the fact that I want to make a difference in people’s lives and to make a difference in the world. Being an entrepreneur isn’t always just about starting a business or developing something new. I would consider anyone pursuing any career out of the normal to be a great entrepreneur. The weakness that could come with being an entrepreneur is that there should be a solid foundation before pursuing each new step. Having big hopes and dreams is awesome; however, if there is no funding, or a lack of education you are just setting yourself up for failure. The world is changing quickly and people who are not on their toes will be quickly left behind. People need to be proactive in always looking towards the future. It’s never too early to start planning and getting a good solid foundation in place. For example, I have currently started making “fake” car payments. My car that I have had since high school, is on its’ last leg. By making fake payments, I am testing to see if my budget can handle these payments, and if I am able to keep on top of the payments each month. The second purpose for these payments is once I am ready to buy a car; I will have enough set away for a sizable down payment. This is just an example of how I try to set myself up for success and happiness. I truly believe that both business and entrepreneur can be happy, it all depends on the individual’s values and needs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment